[sf-lug] Remote access to Microsoft Windows server

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 5 16:09:08 PDT 2011

Quoting Ken Shaffer (kenshaffer80 at gmail.com):

> Maybe it really is a licensing issue!

That's actually why I suggested mv'ing the .rdesktop directory.
Details here:
http://wikis.ece.iastate.edu/it/index.php/Rdesktop_Internal_licensing_error

Quoting:  'There is a license file [~/.rdesktop/license*] that gets
created when using rdesktop. At some point Microsoft changed their
remote desktop authentication, so you need to remove the license file
each time before starting rdesktop.'

> Your dual boot may be taking up an extra client license, even though the
> EULA makes it clear that it should be counting machines, not OSes installed
> on these machines and not users.

In that case, the IT drones should have been able to advise Christian
that he was making the Windows Server box hit its connection limits.  I
note that's not what he said.