[sf-lug] Interesting Python projects

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:53:47 PDT 2011

C/Systems programmers should check out libevent, which provides a
lower-level interface for event-driven network programming with similar
advantages to Tornado:

http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

There's also NodeJS, for javascript developers:

http://nodejs.org/

Erlang and Haskell are also both are capable of fast, highly concurrent
web/network services. Erlang is a language explicitly designed for such
tasks. Haskell has some web servers like Snap and Yesod/Warp to check out.