[sf-lug] Notes on dual-booting Ubuntu and MeeGo on an ExoPC

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon May 2 09:43:46 PDT 2011

Alison Chaiken writes:
> Via Identica:
>
> http://faceted.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/notes-on-dual-booting-ubuntu-and-meego-on-an-exopc/

I have one too! :-)  Natty works surprisingly well out of the box.
http://shallowsky.com/blog/linux/install/natty-on-exopc.html
You will need a USB keyboard, at least temporarily (I couldn't get
Unity to run an onscreen keyboard except by using a keyboard :-).

> Also of course (slyly plugs own work):
>
> http://wiki.meego.com/Installing_MeeGo_and_Handset_Images_on_ExoPC

Thank you for that "Update Repos" section! I'd been trying to find the
right repo to make zypper work.

I had no luck updating from the MeeGo snapshot from last Friday --
meego-tablet-ia32-pinetrail-1.1.99.4.20110426.4.img didn't boot for
me or for another person on #meego.

I didn't need to make any sudo changes for QtCreator.

	...Akkana