[sf-lug] Ubuntu 11.04

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 03:08:25 PDT 2011

No one dictates the future of technology. We are all along for the ride.

I will be grateful my whole life for the emancipating experience of Ubuntu.
I went from using almost exclusively commercial software to almost
exclusively free software, plus some web services, in the era of desktop and
laptop computers.

What a graceful, optimistic operating system.

I haven't installed natty yet, but I'm excited about the new keyboard
shortcuts and window management. Might have to tune down the whiz-bang
graphics, but hey, I do like to check how elastic minimizing windows are
before I turn that nonsense off.

Driver support for new laptops has been fantastic recently. If Ubuntu wants
to tackle touch devices, I support them with all my heart.