[sf-lug] Tech podcasts

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:50:45 PDT 2011

here are mine:
A Little Bit of Python

    * just started on this one, but it appears to be a Python related
      (da!) interview cast.

FLOSS Weekly

    * from the people who brought you twit.tv, Randal Schwartz
      interviews project representatives from different Free, Libre,
      Open Source Software projects

GNU World Order Linux OggCast

    * a Linux related podcast, hosted by Klaatu Gort

Going Linux

    * a Linux beginners podcast, very thorough and beginner, though
      plugs holes in knowledge even for seasoned

Hacker Public Radio

    * a _VERY_ eclectic collection. essentially, anyone can record a
      hackerish (not just computers) audio and put it on

Illegal Argument

    * a developer podcast, mostly Java flavored, from New Zealand

Linux Outlaws

    * co-hosted by Dan (UK) and Fab (Germany), a Linux news and
      discussion podcast. *not children or workplace friendly*

Security Now!

    * another twit.tv cast, security related. Steve Gibson and Leo Leport

Software Engineering Radio - the podcast for professional software
developers

    * interviews with representatives of software projects,
      development methods and more

The Java Posse

    * another software news cast, guess with what focus :)

The Linux Action Show!

    * a linux news and discussion cast, probably the closest to a rock
      concert it can ever be (no music)

this WEEK in TECH

    * the flagship of twit.tv

Ubuntu Podcast from the UK (or UUPC)

    * Ubuntu centric, though not just. very well constructed, with
      intermission music and all

tried to keep it on a technical level, though there are some more
music, popular science and science fictions.