[sf-lug] berkeley rent stabilization board needs open-sourcesoftware

david at sterryit.com david at sterryit.com
Thu Mar 24 12:44:40 PDT 2011

This is a bit odd and I must say a very simplified description of what is likely to become very important software to the board. Will they need multi-user access? What software are they currently evaluating? Do they understand how this software choice can affect their operation long-term? For whoever's in contact with them, I would hope these questions are raised before any specific program or technology is mentioned. Of course, free software has it's benefits but it won't do everything by itself. That's why a responsible group or company would need to provide quality support for whatever (hopefully free software-based system) they decide to pursue.

My 2cents for free....

-David Sterry