[sf-lug] Are there really such frequent updates to Firefox?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 16 11:29:32 PDT 2011

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com):

[libdvdcss/libdvdcss2:]

> I tried that early on in my Linux use but had problems that convinced
> me to leave that to the more knowledgeable.

'Problems'?  It's a _library_, man -- and a highly standardised one, at
that!  There aren't 'problems'; you just plunk it on your hard drive.
Apps that need it, use it, automatically via standard dynamic library
calls without you needing to even know what's happening.

You fetch the .deb or .rpm or whatever, do a bog-standard package
install, and you're all done.  Not brain surgery.  VLC, Xine, Ogle,
MPlayer, etc. use it automatically if present.