[sf-lug] directory tree organization question

jim jim at systemateka.com
Mon Mar 7 18:49:17 PST 2011

    Thanks for the reply. I can see I wasn't clear (I was
excited about getting my new computer).
    Because I'm getting a new computer, I am re-thinking
my directory structures (I houseclean when I get a new
computer). The problem has nothing to do with multiple
computers; I'll retire or re-purpose or sell the old one.

    On my computer, I want regularly to move things out
of the primary directories to the OLD directories in
order to keep my working directories lean yet have access
to older, seldom used files. Should I bury an OLD
subdirectory under each primary directory or should I set
up an OLD directory that has a parallel directory tree?