[sf-lug] Subject: Re: Mobile Linux, glibc, Java

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 17:40:33 PST 2011

I think that there is a basic problem for (real) linux on smartphones, which
is the lack of an open hardware platform. Linux is very lucky that the pc
is...

I don't believe that this move by Microsoft will be successful. Unless Nokia
really puts their might behind it. Nokia is #1 in (dumb) cell phones
worldwide and doing well for now but worried about the future. Versus
Microsoft is already in a heap of trouble, the company value has fallen
substantially and they have 20billion+ in debt versus Apple's 40billion in
the bank. Apple could almost probably buy Microsoft and shut down the phone
deal. If there were any threat and I doubt strongly that there will be.