[sf-lug] Mobile Linux, glibc, Java

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:32:31 PST 2011

Thanks for the report. I am already on the Meego mailing list but
haven't read it closely enough lately. I shall pay more attention, and I
look forward to meeting you at the conference.

Thanks for your advice re Tmo's EMP. I will look into that. How much
does it cost, roughly?

Can you tell us when we might expect MeeGo handsets?

If anyone would like, I'd be happy to allow you to play with my N900.
Unfortunately I teach at the Crucible Sunday mornings and can't come to
the regular sf-lug meeting. But I do run an Arduino workshop at my
studio in Berkeley Tuesday evenings and you all are welcome to come to
that, whether to play with Arduino or N900. Details upon request (so as
not to shamelessly promote).

Alison mentions international. I have used my N900 in the UK and it
worked seamlessly. For awhile I just used it on wifi (skype!) and then I
bought a pay-as-you-go local SIM card and it worked fine including data,
although it did require the store clerk to send me (via SMS) a special
configuration which was a little tricky. Since the N900 was not for
sale, it required a clerk who knew that the N900 was the same as some
other Nokia, and he sent me the config for that phone.

That reminds me, I _did_ use data on my N900, when I was in the UK! It
was great. Maps, google, skype: it all worked.

--
Michael Shiloh
KA6RCQ