[sf-lug] Mobile Linux, glibc, Java

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:40:01 PST 2011

hi,

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I love my N900 running real(tm) Linux!

How do you get access to the Internet with the N900?  I am assuming that you
need to look for an open wifi network, or use it on your network at home.  I
have often thought of getting an N900, but the obstacle for me has been the
lack of connectivity.

I do like Android, because it is the most commercially successful form of
Linux, and IMHO we all need to have Linux become commercially significant,
or we become irrelevant.

Nonetheless, I would like to get an N900 if I could figure out how to get it
onto the Internet.  I often use my Android phone while on buses and trains,
and so I need to have a good connection.  I would leave Verizon in a
heartbeat if I could believe that I would have a stable connection to the
Internet that is as good as the Verizon connection.  Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile,
Sprint, all of them are evil, because they are trying to lock down the "last
mile" of the Internet.  I would love to leave them all.