[sf-lug] turn off all logs?

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:47:43 PST 2011

I just mount /var/log onto a ramdisk, and forget about them on my usb
thumbdrives.  I think most other flash memory systems I've seen do something
similar -- I use a ramfs, but need to use tmpfs for certain other things
like /var/cache/apt/archives because of the complaints of update-manager
about no room on a ramfs.  The fstab option for ramfs will take a size, and
the mount will report it, so you'd think something reasonable could be done
by the sytem call to report on size.