[sf-lug] Hiya

jim jim at well.com
Sun Jan 30 09:54:15 PST 2011

    a linux enthusiast? great! tell us about things you've
discovered--news, software, other groups.... usually
people listen and often there's someone who adds info.
    the upcoming meeting is sunday 20110206 from 11 AM to
1 PM.
    the number of people who show up varies from a few to
up to a dozen, depending on weather, holidays, who's out
of work.... generally we take over some tables that are
around the post that's near the couches.
    sometimes people show up with broken or otherwise
funky laptops (one time we got a really big tower with
lots of drives) and ask for help.
    topics vary a lot. some people are serious coders,
some are system administrators, some are new to linux,
some have some kind of business interest they're promoting
or fishing for talent.
    usually one or two have come early, and afterward
sometimes a few people stay late, finishing conversations.
    the cafe enchante has the usual sandwiches, drinks,
bakery goods. parking is kind of clogged on sundays
thanks to the church across the street. the busses run
often.