[sf-lug] Ubuntu User wannabe!

jim jim at well.com
Fri Jan 7 10:39:36 PST 2011

   the more recent a distribution, in general, the
more likely it'll work with any particular computer
(a matter of drivers being updated and added over
time). so get Ubuntu 10.04, the Long Term Service
edition or Ubuntu 10.10 (the most recent release)
and try it out. if it works (be sure it really
does work in all ways, get someone who's more
savvy if you have doubts, even if they have to
drive up from SF), then install it, probably as
dual boot at first.