[sf-lug] Meetiing this evening.

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:22:17 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   interesting that some bootable CDs failed to boot on
> my machine (which we used to demo the process). this
> seems to happen commonly, probably a matter that
> built-in players, perhaps those on laptops, are
> slightly misaligned or become so over time.

When I snap a CD or DVD onto the hub of a laptop's drive
tray, I often spin the disc by hand before I shut the tray.  If
I can see the disc wobbling, it means I've done a poor job
of physically mounting the disc, and the drive won't be able
to read it until I fix this.

If your laptop uses a slot drive, then of course this would not
apply.

Mike