[sf-lug] Software Freedom Day 2010

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 9 10:33:43 PDT 2010

Quoting Sameer Verma (sverma at sfsu.edu):

> We got a stack of CDs from SFI
> (http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/sfi) that we'll be handing out to
> those who show interest.

That's certainly nice of SFI, and generous of you to do.  What operating
system is those CDs' software for?

Things may have changed, but, over all the years I've know SFI, it's
really almost entirely been about this, i.e., TheOpenCD for MS-Windows
(quoting http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/sfi):

  After contacting his local LUG regarding this idea he was referred to
  project, which maintained a CD of high-quality Free Software for Windows
  that matched Matt's (so far vague) vision. Matt proposed the idea of an
  international day of handing out Free Software CDs in TheOpenCD forums,
  and project leader Henrik Omma and project contributor Phil Harper both
  shared this vision and began collaborating immediately.

I ask just for clarity.  I'm making no comment on which OSes various
people choose to do volunteer work to help support strangers on, though
I have my own personal preferences.