[sf-lug] Software Freedom Day 2010

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Sep 9 09:38:51 PDT 2010

Hello SF-LUG,

We at SFSU are celebrating Software Freedom Day 2010. The event will
be on Thursday, September 16, 2010 instead of the traditional Saturday
(Sept 18) because we get very little foot traffic on Saturdays.
Information Management Systems Association (http://imsa.sfsu.edu/) is
the student organization that's hosting the event on campus. You are
all welcome to drop by, attend, assist, support, cheer and so on.

We got a stack of CDs from SFI
(http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/sfi) that we'll be handing out to
those who show interest. We'll also have some flyers and posters about
the event, the concept of "free" etc. Additionally, like last year, we
will also burn a stack of FOSS for Windows CDs
(http://www.ttcsweb.org/osswin-cd/) Any help in burning these would be
great.

Our page is at http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2010/NorthAmerica/USA/CA/San%20Francisco%20Bay%20Area/imsa-sfsu

A complete list of registered teams is at
http://cgi.softwarefreedomday.org/2010/map.shtml#teamlist

More details to follow.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems