[sf-lug] Request for bid

jim jim at well.com
Sun Aug 22 15:35:22 PDT 2010

   As you posted your need to the SF-LUG list, I'm replying
to the list with the hope that members find this a valid
and interesting aspect of Linux.

   My company, Systemateka, Inc., does such work and has
converted Carol Ruth Silver's business systems to a mixed
environment based on Ubuntu Linux that incorporates her
legacy, Windows-based financial system.
   Systemateka is dedicated to open source solutions and
works in an open style with other techies, including
experienced system administrators, PHP programmers, Python
and Django programmers, database administrators, graphic
designers, documenters, and trainers.
   As this seems to be for a legal firm, note that I was
the system administrator at the U. S. Court of Appeals
for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco and have
experience with law office needs as well as with training
and documentation.
   To make your conversion as quickly as possible
requires a preliminary assessment of your office workflow
and software, which entails no downtime, only modest
intrusion, and a brief written report that maps the steps
of the transition.
   Let me know how to pursue this possibility.

Jim