[sf-lug] linux media (music) player with web server control

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 17:31:55 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Michael Shiloh
<michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have received a number of these suggested solutions, but my issue is that
> they all seem like hacks. For one, this requires software on the client
> other than a web browser. Easy enough for my Linux laptop, but what about my
> girlfriend's Windows or Mac machines?

How do you feel about using a Firefox extension?

Music Player Minion is a Firefox client for the Music Player Daemon:
http://code.google.com/p/musicpm/

Most of the reviews on Mozilla.org give it 5 stars (the highest rating),
and it's inherently cross-platform.

Mike