[sf-lug] linux media (music) player with web server control

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:34:04 PDT 2010

I have received a number of these suggested solutions, but my issue is
that they all seem like hacks. For one, this requires software on the
client other than a web browser. Easy enough for my Linux laptop, but
what about my girlfriend's Windows or Mac machines?

I don't understand why this feature isn't built in to the apps in the
first place, for example, like cups. Surely I can't be the first to want
this feature?

But perhaps I'm missing something fundamental