[sf-lug] diversity without disunity

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 10:33:30 PDT 2010

hi,

Here is a really great article comparing the Free Open Source Software
movement with the feminist movement.

http://www.osbr.ca/ojs/index.php/osbr/article/view/1168/1119

The feminist movement succeeded because it was able to go mainstream.
 Understanding how other social movement succeeded can help us succeed.  At
the end of the article, there are a few recommended methods that we could
use to succeed better.

And, speaking of the feminist movement and diversity, one of the ways that
we will know we have succeeded is when we see more women using Free Software
in their daily lives, women who are not developers or sys admins.  What can
we do to make our LUGs more appealing to women and people of color?

Here is an abbrieviated URL for the link:

http://bit.ly/b9wPvW

thanks to Glyn Moody for tweeting this link