[sf-lug] found discarded older computer - any interest

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 26 00:18:52 PDT 2010

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss at sfo.com):

>     Doing laundry (facility in building basement)
> Then I went to the basement and found a discarded complete Power
> Computing Apple with modem, and keyboard and a Kensington
> trackball.  That trackball works.
>         If any one is interested let me know and I will try to keep
> this stuff together.

You didn't post the model.

Power Computing's models sarted with one based on an 80MHz PowerPC model
601 CPU in 1995, coming standard with a whole 16 MB of 72-pin, 80ns SIMM
memory -- explandable in theory to 200 MB, which nearly nobody had, back
then.  That changed to the very slightly faster model 604 CPU (180 and
166 MHz) in 1996, then the 604e, then in 1997 they _announced_ (but
never shipped) a final model that would have been based on a 250 MHz G3
PowerPC.  And then they folded.

Comparable Intel models of the day were the Pentium MMX and Pentium II.

Best and highest use would be to run Mac OS 9.1 on it.