[sf-lug] Help installing Linux for a senior citizen

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:35:56 PDT 2010

Oops, accidentally hit send.

I know a senior citizen who just bought a notebook computer and he wants to
install Ubuntu on it.  He has used Linux before.

He was recently involved in a Muni accident, and so has trouble travelling.
He lives with his girlfriend.  I would help him out, but I am busy with my
Linux schools project.  This senior is pleasant, and articulate and willing
to learn.  He has tried to install linux himself, but hit a snag.  He wants
to blow away Windows completely.  He lives in San Francisco, and would be
grateful if someone could come to his apartment @ Bay and Van Ness.

Thanks either way for considering my request.