[sf-lug] droid phones: HTC or Moto?

jim jim at well.com
Tue Jun 29 10:24:08 PDT 2010

   i believe today is the day that my cellphone
contract lets me upgrade. i wanna android because
i like the buzz (google policies in general seem
a cut above most other techy corporations).
   any opinions: why choose either the HTC
incredible or the Motorola droid phone?

   what's this to do with linux? i believe the
OS of both phones is linux-based, yes?
   i've learned not to be hopeful that some
small mobile device with linux will present a
bash shell and some way to plug in a keyboard
and mouse and maybe even a display.
   sure would be nice to transfer files using
an ext? format and also nice to ssh into the
thing from my computer.
   what am i missing, i.e. what do people do
with these things that my vt100 style doesn't
ken?