[sf-lug] how to configure an HP 4000 printer

jim jim at well.com
Wed Jun 16 08:41:46 PDT 2010

   Many thanks. the page you referenced (
http://www.cites.illinois.edu/wsg/resources/network_printing/printing.html#1
) is just what i was hoping for.
   the printer is HP Laserjet 4000 TN (i was
working from memory at home when i sent my
original plea).
   seems the printer thinks its IP address
is 192.168.0.15 (per dhcp). At least one
computer on the LAN shows that IP address
for the printer, so it seems to me that
there's a connection problem somewhere in
between.
   more thanks for the link.