[sf-lug] New Open Source Software Proposal

David Hinkle hinkle at cipafilter.com
Tue Mar 16 11:36:18 PDT 2010

It is a neat idea, I just think it's more of a step 2 than a step 1.    A replication technology like rsync is one thing, people expect to cron it every night and have simple expectations for it.

People expect a lot more out of a filesystem.  Automatic replication is a much bigger bear.

I just think I'd like to solve the simple problem first, the bigger problem would be very neat to solve but I think it would take much more work.

David