[sf-lug] sf-lug:that was fun

Tony ccahua at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 00:45:22 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just wanted send out a warm thanks to Lyz, Jim, Arthur, Bobbi, Rick, and
Hayden (sp?) for meeting tonight.

I learned lots from discussion about Ubuntu, ubuntuforums, $60 1T usb
drives, swap partitions, learning ropes from install fests, Google and
libraries are my friends, transitions from Amiga, fortran, assembly opt
codes, use ext2 for formatting, backing up $HOME and /etc, DRM iPad silos,
flaky video cards on old ThinkPads and bunch more.

I'm typing this with stock custom xandros but soon will venture to Ubuntu on
the eeepc with Rick's reassurance to 'Go for it'

So much to learn, go lurk i

Best,
tony