[sf-lug] What mailing list software/web interface does everyone use?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jan 26 14:10:07 PST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Chris Mason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Subject pretty much sums up my question: What mailing list software/web
> interface does everyone use?
>
> and what would be the web interface url?

I use my email program for replying to email on mailing lists. Is that
what you're asking about?

There are also Nabble and GMANE for providing a different interface.

> _ideally_, i would like something that makes sorts the discussion by
> subject, and refreshes in real time -- all to often, i happen to see the
> SFLUG reminder notice the day _after_ the meeting at cafe enchante.

If you just change your subscription mode away from "Digest" back to
normal mode, you'll be able to use your email program for that.

> im certain there is something out there that does it. point me in the
> right direction?

People who use Gmail seem happy enough with how it handles mailing lists.
Maybe you'll be, too, if you switch off digest mode?

Hope this helps!

-- Asheesh.

--
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps.  The goal of nature
is to build better mice.