[sf-lug] Installed OpenWRT on WRT54GS v1.0 - sweet! :-)

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Jan 25 10:40:03 PST 2010

On 01/24/2010 11:49 AM, Michael Paoli wrote:
> Installed OpenWRT on WRT54GS v1.0 - sweet! :-)

Just curious why you wound up choosing OpenWRT rather than, say, DD-WRT
or Tomato?  I've been researching these recently, in preparation for
installing one of them on the new WRT54GL router we just got here in the
office.  But I got the impression that OpenWRT didn't have much of a
user-friendly GUI going for it, whereas the other ones did.  Am I under
the wrong impression about OpenWRT?

Thanks,

DR