[sf-lug] system beep

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:00:00 PST 2010

Akkana suggests:
> To eliminate the desktop environment as a factor, go to a console
> with e.g.  ctrl-alt-F2, log in and try it there.

Excellent suggestion!    Turns out I can't get a beep from a terminal
of any kind on F11/x86_64, but I get noises from a whole bunch of
other apps (e.g. Firefox).       For the time being I've decided just
to play a WAV file in my alarm clock program, but if the F12 upgrade
doesn't fix the terminal beep, I'll add it to my Linux rainy-day list.

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)