[sf-lug] Getting wireless working

Shawn Lewis shawnisalk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:34:17 PST 2010

Ken,

It was good working with you at the Cafe. Thanks for the help.

When I got home, I installed Network Manager to see what it would do. It did
fix the wireless issue After I commented out the blacklist of b43 and ssd
(?).

And, miraculously, Network Manager did not overwrite my
/etc/network/interfaces file, so the static setup on the Ethernet card
stayed.

But, I really have no idea what to look for (even though we discussed it,
briefly) to find out how Network Manager is making the wireless work.

Can you describe that to me in broad and simple terms?

Thanks,
Shawn