[sf-lug] support for a high school student

jim jim at well.com
Sun Dec 13 09:13:26 PST 2009

   there's a possibility that a regular report on
the developments of your projects would at some
point trigger a greater level of interest and
(hopefully) motivation on the part of readers to
participate.
   seems to me regularity in itself will help,
maybe a weekly summary of accomplishments along
with a boilerplate plea for help along with a
description of tasks and possible times to help.

   consider mentioning the regular wednesday
evening (6 to 8 or so) linux discussion meeting
at noisebridge (2169 mission near 18th street),
which was begun with your needs in mind.
   so far there have been a few people coming,
some with laptops that they tear open and try
to fix, others with lots of expertise and a
willingness to help out.
   i'm hopeful that over the next few months
this wednesday evening meeting will develop
into something interesting and lively.
jim