[sf-lug] experienced tech. editor and sf-lug member seeking work

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:06:12 PST 2009

Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Not that I want to get in the business of job listings, but I wonder what
> we (LUGOD, at least) could do to encourage people to tell us about
> a wider range of jobs.  (Not just 'sysadmin', 'php programmer', 'c programmer',
> like we get almost exclusively.)

Just brainstorming on Bill's idea:

Could add something to the website or fliers or business cards (if you
have these) saying something like

"Linux enthusiasts come from many diverse backgrounds and careers, not
limited to the computer science field. A common quality is that they are
all highly self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and intelligent. If
you are looking for employees of this sort please consider letting us know.

Am I over glorifying us? I think not. Anyone willing to spend the amount
of hours we do trying to understand and tweak our operating system must
have these qualities.