[sf-lug] what is the name of the screen (application) that comes up when my laptop wakes from hibernate?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Nov 28 12:05:23 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 02:01:31PM -0800, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> reason i ask is that ever since i upgraded to koala, this screen and
> everything afterwards has corrupted video, unless i click on the second
> from left button (which i'm pretty sure is the one to change users,
> which i'm pretty sure resets the video card, which appears to fix the
> problem). then i log in as myself and everything is fine.
>
> i'm guessing there was an update to this application which skips
> resetting the video card, at least for my video driver (lenova t60,
> intel 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML)

I'm still using 9.04 and this happens to me too, but only
occasionally.  Switching to a virtual terminal (text mode),
i.e. with [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F1], then back to X (graphics mode)
with [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F7] seems to fix it.

I've got a Dell Inspiron 1525 and my xorg.conf mentions Intel 965GM,
so it's probably related.

I get a lot of horizontal stripes around the screen, kind of like this:

etc.

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer