[sf-lug] Trouble getting an Apple iPod to work with Linux

Matthew Petty mjp at petty.me.uk
Thu Nov 19 17:16:56 PST 2009

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have been trying for a long time to get my
120GB Apple iPod "Classic" to work with my Ubuntu desktop. (It was a gift)
I've chronicled my efforts on my blog. The links are below, but the
current situation is that it seems to sync up, and shows the iPod to be
"half full", but then when I disconnect, the iPod says there are no
music files.

http://petty.me.uk/wordpress/?p=511
http://petty.me.uk/wordpress/?p=592

I've tried all sorts of software, I've wiped my iPod and put replacement
firmware on there, I've done all sorts. Would anyone be able to spare
some time to help me one-on-one?

Hopefully,
Matthew Petty,
94114