[sf-lug] Towards a list of Linux consultants in the Bay Area (was: consultant?)

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 23:46:49 PST 2009

"I'm not sure which site you're speaking of, when you say "the site".

If you're talking about some site you'd like to build for the purpose
mentioned in my subject header, super!"

It was my suggestion for how you enter content into your list.  You can get
plenty of free plugins that only take a few minutes to implement that could
rank users somehow.  This would solve your maintenance issues were sites
need to be manually vetted.  Automatic indexing would require tweaking over
time, but it would enrich the content of the landing page.

I'd like to implement something similar, so I was sort of leap-frogging off
your idea.  I'd like to collaborate with this mailing list, but I will start
a new thread in a few days.

That is, I didn't know where to send Polly for an SF-based consultant.  It'd
be nice if there were a list, or something like that.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/cps?query=linux&catAbbreviation=cps
Unfortunately this won't usually yield a list of volunteers, and a lot of
these seem like scams.  You can usually get someone good if you work a
little at it though.

"It's possible that my thread will prove to be stillborn, but would you
mind not hijacking it by changing the subject to rampant Web-geek
technophilia?"

I'm sorry, I do not know the etiquette for how open-source projects get off
the ground.  It sounds like I should start my own thread.

This thread was targeted at web site owners.  I know I shift what I'm
talking about

Kai Chang  |  kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com