[sf-lug] Towards a list of Linux consultants in the Bay Area (was: consultant?)

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 22:55:25 PST 2009

Linux is about discourse, which is why this mailing list is so awesome.  The
site's interface should preference those that participate in discourse.

We should privilege websites with dynamic content in some way-- for instance
an area where all consultancy blogs get aggregated (that have agreed to let
us re-publish).  Users can see someone's personality and will be more
comfortable looking for help.  It doesn't have to be all
business/philosophy/code-like, it could just be a fun place for Linux-users
to publish their content.

Keeping track of active FOSS projects in the area would be cool too.  A
movers and shakers section, basically.

Does anyone here use MVC architecture in their sites?  What frameworks do
you use?  Does anyone use Wordpress, Moveable Type, etc to publish?  I know
there will be a lot of twitters and identi.cas.  We could use Drupal for
different types of users.  There are a lot of great CMS's we could use
though.

Kai Chang  |  kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com