[sf-lug] linux discussion group wednesday evenings from 6 to 8 PM at noisebridge

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:45:50 PDT 2009

hi,

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   linux discussion group wednesday evenings from
> 6 PM to 8 PM at noisebridge, 2169 mission street
> near 18th.

For those of you who have not been to Noisebridge, you really should come.
It is really a Linux-lover's paradise. There are lots n lots of really cool
Linux sys admins who hang out there.  I would actually like to see us
eventually move our SF-LUG meetings to Noisebridge, because there is so much
goodness to be had there at Noisebrige

Noisebridge is like a cafe where you never have to buy anything.  There is
free wifi, comfy couches, lots of work tables equipped with tools for
working on computers, lots of knowledgeable Linux hackers, you name it.

I have been frustrated with the cafes where SF-LUG has been held, which is
one reason that I haven't come to all that many meetings.  There is often
not enough power out-lets, the chairs and tables are not all that conducive
to discussion, and the music piped in is a distraction.  I am also a little
bit hard of hearing, and so I often miss lots of what people with soft
voices have to say in such environments.  Noisebridge is very busy, with
lots of people doing lots of things, but there is rarely the kind of
distractions that erode the value of SF-LUG meetings for me at cafes.  Your
mileage may vary, of course, but I think that if more people came to
Noisebridge, you would see how awesome it really is.

c u