[sf-lug] Where can I get my computer transitioned?

Stoop stoop.poetry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:29:14 PDT 2009

Hi there folks!

My name's Stoop, and I'm just new to San Francisco.

I have an old gateway pc that was transfered to linux, but it's about to
die. now i have a new dell pc, which i'd like to turn into a linux and on to
which i'd like to move all of the old computer files and docs. Im new to the
city and need to find out where i should go, or who i should contact for
such a service. when i lived in portland, i had a bad experience with
transitioning my pc, the guy did it wrong, didn't move my data over and
thankfully backed it up, but it was fairly scary. i could have lost
everything.

hopefully someone knows someone good and legit who can help me make a smooth
transition.

also looking into linux user classes to learn basics that I am still needing
help with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

Stoop
415-678-8290
--
Ability is nothing, without availability. Anonymous