[sf-lug] Ubuntu LDAP Admin Interface

Michael Paric mparic at compbizsolutions.com
Sun Sep 20 23:17:17 PDT 2009

Grant Bowman mentioned using LDAP at the CAS school in SF; anyone know
what admin interface is being used? Does it do NT-style Domain Control
operations too? I couldn't find a really good LDAP interface for
Ubuntu that would do Linux and Windows authentications which is why I
used CentOS in my thin client networks. First I used the Webmin module
(http://www.fsa-blast.org/Webmin/LDAPUsersAndGroups) but found it
buggy. Configured GOsa which does much more than LDAP but configured
Linux and Windows authentication in one interface so students and
teachers would have the same roaming profile whether they logged into
a Windows workstation or a Linux thin client (https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/
). Any other preferences?