[sf-lug] Linux System Administrator needed in San Mateo;

Mark Apton mapton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:48:35 PDT 2009

We're at the cutting edge of financial technology, dedicated to innovating
and super-charging how people do business in the private market. We do this
with the help of bright minds who understand how business has been done in
the past, but brave enough to define how business will be done in the
future. We're looking for smart-thinking, fast-moving, and positive-minded
individuals who are ready to take on the financial world by storm. Sound
like you? Check out the position listed below.

We are in need a;

System Administrator;

Initial Responsibilities:

.All in-office IT including public and private networks, telephones,
business e-mail and office records retention .Coordinating with office ISP
to resolve connectivity issues and change configurations .Monitoring of all
datacenter deployments .Contracting new datacenters .Performing all
deployments of new hardware and software in datacenters .Coordinating with
datacenter representatives to diagnose networking and other issues affecting
deployments .Implementing our datacenter backup plans, executing them and
reporting on their status .Implementing our plans for datacenter failover
and redundancy

Job Requirements:

.Expert knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) deployments - Red Hat
expertise preferred .Expert understanding of TCP/IP for packet-level
diagnostics .Expert understanding of common network hardware such as
IOS-based Cisco devices - Cisco CCNA or higher certification preferred
.Experience implementing backup solutions for datacenter deployments
.Experience configuring multiple datacenters locations redundancy and
failover .Must be local to the San Francisco Bay Area and have own vehicle
for transportation

Full-time regular position.

Please send resumes to;

Mark Apton