[sf-lug] any opinions or thoughts on identi.ca?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 03:21:08 PDT 2009

Hi Kai,

I think that it is really cool that you are posting to our LUG from
Virginia!  Thanks for joining this list!  May I ask what motivated you to
join a list for a city 3k miles away on the opposite side of the country?
Just curious, and please forgive me if I am being too forward in asking.  I
don't mean to offend.  I just think it is cool that someone from Virginia
would join our list.  Again, welcome!

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Kai Chang <kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think twitter's api is fantastic quite frankly, and their TOS
> changes are commendable.

Can you give examples?  What do you like about their TOS?

> But twitter's all about the massive networking effects
> and open source alternatives just don't provide that sometimes.

Yeah, that is one reason that I started using Identi.ca --> to try to
increase its reach.

c u