[sf-lug] any opinions or thoughts on identi.ca?

Kai Chang kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 03:11:30 PDT 2009

I think twitter's api is fantastic quite frankly, and their TOS
changes are commendable.  It's growing fast and has a large user base.
 Not that identi.ca, tumblers and others don't fill interesting niches
themselves.  But twitter's all about the massive networking effects
and open source alternatives just don't provide that sometimes.  I use
pidgin just because of gmail and aim, for instance.  All this
microblogging's gotta coalesce a little better for me to jump
platforms.

Kai, new here from Virginia

Kai Chang  |  kai.salmon.chang at gmail.com