[sf-lug] mastering CDs in bulk for Software Freedom Day

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 1 18:37:02 PDT 2009

Quoting Grant Bowman (grantbow at gmail.com):

> You have "shared" your opinion over three times as much as anyone else
> in this thread[1].  Allowing can be simply not "sharing," permitting
> others to comment without surrounding their words with your own.

A fairer reading would be that my words, given that I was almost
the sole person clearly voicing the "it's a poor use of a Linux user
group's time to pay for and distribute Windows app CDs" viewpoint
were surrounded by a barrage of the other viewpoint, about 12 of those
other messages to my 11.

But the notion of words being "surrounded", i.e., beseiged, simply
because someone else dared to express a divergent view, is pretty
telling.  Pretty severely passive-aggressive, really.

For what it's worth, I'll remind you that I deliberately underwrite the
entire expense of this forum specifically so that people like you can
advocate pretty much whatever things you damned well please, including
things I think are a bad idea.  _And_ I deliberately make sure that,
nontheless, I'm just an ordinary subscriber with zero authority here,
just the right to speak same as anyone else, to the extent that Jim and
LX_Rudis think that right to speak is appropriate.

So, without my active support, you would not be even able to be pushing
for what you want to happen, let alone attempting to complain about the
forum I provide out of my pocket.  You're welcome, by the way.