[sf-lug] mastering CDs in bulk for Software Freedom Day

jim jim at well.com
Fri Aug 28 23:13:18 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 14:47 -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:

> I agree that principally, it makes more sense for a *Linux* user group
> to hand out Linux CDs at an event such as this (BTW, does SF-LUG have
> any plans for SFD?)...,

   errr..., no plans so far. it would be nice that
we do so or help out some other group that's so doing.
   for me, out at ocean beach with the corroded phone
lines that are longer than spec specs, downloading
files has been a pain, and big files as often as not
are corrupt when finally downloaded.

   i'm willing to run around and take disks from
places to places, maybe like from someone with source
to someone with duplicator. or ballyhoo the event or
some such.
   ask for help (for linux, not windows) and i'll try
to help, and so with some others in the group
(depending...).