[sf-lug] I am a Linux user in San Francisco interested in helping with SFLUG or independent Linux or hardware projects

jim jim at well.com
Mon Aug 3 19:50:10 PDT 2009

   lx_rudis at sbcglobal.net is honchoing the St. Anthony's
volunteer effort.
   jim at well.com and robert briley are just starting a
red hat certification study effort.
   christian einfeldt ( einfeldt at gmail.com ) is
supporting the kipp school on geary at scott.
   the hayes valley learning center on haight at
buchanon is probably very low on desktop machines. i
bet they would welcome someone who'd cannibalize their
broken ones to make one or two more working ones.
reply to the list if you're interested (that's
YOU're, plural).

   sf-lug meets at cafe enchante on the first sunday
(from 11 am to 1 pm) and the third monday (from 6 pm
to 8 pm) each month ( http://www.sf-lug.com or
http://www.sf-lug.org )
   the OLPC-SF project meets once a month on a middle
saturday in SF
( http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea ).
   if you don't know of it, investigate the noisebridge
hacker collective
( http://www.noisebridge.net ), based near mission
and 16th street in sf.
   eat chinese food, attend a presentation, and hang
out with other linux afficianados in chinatown on the
third tuesday of each month ( http://www.balug.org ).