[sf-lug] [LINUX USER QUESTIONAIRE] What makes a true Linux user?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 28 11:21:13 PDT 2009

Quoting Andrew E (andrewevansc at gmail.com):

> see SF LUG logo at http://www.sf-lug.org/

Andrew makes a point, though probably not the point he had in mind:
The "LinuxKong image by Carol Benioff, concept by John Lowry" thing
on SF-LUG's Web page is, IMO, imaginative and nicely drawn but
unfortunate in theme:  It suggests that Linux is about (presumably
metaphorical) warfare against a legacy proprietary operating system.
It is not, and I personally rather resent getting lumped along with
the behaviour of people who never outgrew software-advocacy, which
is a disease of the zero-sum proprietary software world.

I would suggest that it'd be nice if SF-LUG could, at some point, re-do
that logo with a less embarrassing conception of some sort.