[sf-lug] geoprocessing help

Jeff Bragg jackofnotrades at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:01:42 PDT 2009

You might try San Francisco State University's Dept. of Geosciences at
http://tornado.sfsu.edu/.  There are various contact names and methods
listed on the site.  Of course, the university is so strapped due to budget
cuts, etc that they are not accepting new students for the fall semester, so
I have no idea how cooperative or available they'll be.

You could also try SF Government pages at http://www.sfgov.org/; one of the
transportation- or housing-related agencies might have that information.  Or
you could skip straight to San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency at
http://www.sfmta.com/cms/home/sfmta.php.  And
nextbus<http://www.nextbus.com/>has to be getting bus locations from
somewhere, though their information is
more likely to describe bus routes than neighborhood boundaries (and I have
no idea what they'd be willing to share).

Good luck with your search.