[sf-lug] [PYCLASS] Mon Apr 13 6:30 PM: Chapter 18 (2nd-to-last chapter!)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Apr 13 03:50:06 PDT 2009

WHERE: Noisebridge (83C Weise St, near 16th & Mission BART)
<http://noisebridge.net>
WHEN:  Mon Apr 13 6:30 PM
WHAT:  Community Python learning session: Chapter 18

TEXTBOOK INFO: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html
TEXTBOOK CHAP: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/book019.html

Chapter 18 covers poker and inheritance. It continues to cover objects.
(It's the second-to-last chapter!)

IF YOU ARE NEW

Talk to me, and we'll figure out when I might start up the group
discussions again. There are some new people starting fresh from the
beginning that you can join.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

A bunch of SF-LUG people have been learning an introduction to programming, and
I've been facilitating.  My expectation is to have a fun conversation with
people who have mostly read the chapter, and some of whom (hopefully all!) have
done the chapter's exercises.

WHAT'S THE LOCATION?

Noisebridge is a "hacker space" where people gather to discuss technology
and art or build things.  It's a member-supported non-profit, and I think
you'll think it's pretty cool.  Read https://www.noisebridge.net/.

KEEP TALKING

I invite you to email me your answers to the exercises, or to discuss on the
sf-lug list (since that's where this all started).

See some of you there!

-- Asheesh.

--
You are sick, twisted and perverted.  I like that in a person.