[sf-lug] Fwd: All-in-One-Printer Recommendation

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Apr 5 12:00:17 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:10:55AM -0700, Kevin J. Smith wrote:
>    I've read that some of the Canon Pixma series All-In-Ones work OK now that
>    Canon decided to sort of open up their drivers.

Oh, wow!  My dad got one when he bought a computer, and had no need for it.
I've not even hooked it up to any of the Linux boxes here... I just print
directly from my Canon digital camera.

(And if there's a picture I want to print that's not on the camera -- say,
the NCC-1701 enterprise for my toddler to enjoy -- I can just drop it on my
SD card, give it an appropriately-Canon-camera-like name, and print it.)

I'll (eventually) need to look into connecting it directly.  It's got
a scanner, which we currently lack in this household (once desktops
& giant PCI SCSI cards went out of fashion).

-bill!